March 17, 2019
God’s Design for the Church – Blueprint 8
God’s Design for Elders – 1 Timothy 3:3-16
Weekly Question Format
Identify and discuss what Paul’s message to Timothy is in this section of the letter
Ask “how can we apply Paul’s message to Timothy and the church at Ephesus to our lives
Ask “how can we pray for each other to help us apply what we are discovering? (This can be
done as an entire group together or in smaller groups of a couple people)
1. Agree/disagree: If you’re not serving, you’re too self-focused?
2. What is the difference between being a volunteer in the church versus being a servant? Why is
this distinction important?
3. What stands out to you in studying Jesus life as a servant?
4. Why are the requirements so high to be an official servant (deacon/deaconess) in the church?
5. How specifically do you struggle to be a servant 24×7 rather than treat it like checking off a box?
6. How can we promote a servant mentality at AHCC instead of a “serve-me” attitude?