At AHCC, we believe membership matters. When God saves us through Jesus’s work on the cross, He not only calls us to a new life, but new life in community. The Bible says in 1st Corinthians 12 “Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.” The Bible also says that “you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household.” When we come to know Jesus personally, we are adopted into God’s family to live life in authentic community with others.
We believe God desires for all Christians to commit to a local community of believers to:
- Experience authentic and loving relationships that encourage, challenge, comfort and nurture.
- Love and support the church through their time, talents and treasures.
- Be equipped for ministry and mission to the world.
- Grow in their conformity to the character and habits of Jesus.
As you think about making a decision to become a member at AHCC, please know that there are four steps involved in the membership process:
- Faith in Christ
To be a member, you must have committed your life to Jesus Christ alone through faith in his death and resurrection. This does not mean there are not issues and struggles in your life; just that you have experienced salvation through Jesus and seeking to align your life with Him. Membership is open to Christians 18 years old and up.
- Membership Class
We require all prospective members to attend a one-day class where we cover our church mission, vision, core values, history, organizational structure, ministries, approach to spiritual growth and ministry, key characteristics of our church community and commitments by both members and leadership. At the end of the class, prospective members will be given a membership covenant to review and eventually sign.
We take the time after completion of the class to sit down with each person/couple and get an opportunity to hear their story, answer any questions they may have and share more in detail AHCC’s vision and perspective on membership.
- Sunday Gathering AnnouncementOnce prospective members have completed the one-day class, had their interview and signed the membership covenant, they are brought before the church on a Sunday morning for announcement and celebration with the church.